When your loved one loses mental capacity, it can be difficult for their families to determine what decisions they are able to make on their behalf. If no arrangement were made prior to their incapacity, a guardian and trusteeship may be required or recommended.

Applications for Guardianship and Trusteeship need to go through the offices of the Public Guardian and Public Trustee as well as the courts. Our lawyers are able to assist you in advising what may be required and help guide you through the system.